Creating an organization/team retrospective template
Organization or Team Retrospective Template
If you can't find exactly what you need in our template library, you can create a custom Retrospective Template that can be accessed by any member of your team or by any team within the organization.
This template will then be available to people in their template library. You can modify an existing template, use it as a copy for another template or delete the template after you have created it.
Creating a Retrospective Template for the whole organization
Only the Account Owner or Administrator can create or delete account-wide templates.
1. In your Account, go to your ORGANISATION, SETTINGS, RETROSPECTIVES, and CREATE A CUSTOM TEMPLATE.
2. You can now customize your template.
- Give your template a name that can be searched for by others. This will be the display name of the retrospective
- Change the color, icon and description for each topic. You can easily add more topics by clicking on the + sign.
- If you want a background for your template, select from the set of background designs.
3. When you are done, SAVE CHANGES and your Custom Template will be saved. It will then visible in the template library for everyone in your organization who can create retrospectives.
4. You will also be able to EDIT the template, CREATE a new one using an existing template or DELETE the template by using the drop down menu under the RETROSPECTIVE SETTINGS. Deleting a template does not delete the previous meetings that have used this template.
Creating a Retrospective Template for a single team.
This will create a template for a single team only. It will not be visible or searchable by members outside of the team.
1. Go to your TEAM, SETTINGS, RETROSPECTIVES, then CREATE A CUSTOM TEMPLATE.
2. You can now customize your Team Template.
3. When you have created your Custom Template, SAVE CHANGES. This template will only be visible to the members of your team.
- You will also be able to EDIT the template, CREATE a new template using an existing one or DELETE the template by using the drop down menu under the RETROSPECTIVE SETTINGS. Deleting a template does not delete the previous meetings that have used this template.
If you have the permissions, you can also upgrade your team template and MOVE TO ORGANIZATION TEMPLATE. If you do not have the right permissions, you should speak to your account owner/s to do so for you.