Check in / Check out questions
Before starting, you can set the tone and get your team to engage with a CHECK IN question. Similarly, you can use a CHECK OUT question to get feedback on the impact and value of your meeting.
CHECK IN QUESTIONS
The 5 Check in Questions are:
- Energy Levels - What is the current energy levels are for the team?
- Weather Report - How they would rate the last sprint as a weather report?
- Psychological Safety Check - How safe does the team feel heading in to the meeting?
- Team Collaboration - How well does the team currently work together?
- Sprint Happiness - How happy is the team with the last sprint?
To create a CHECK IN QUESTION:
- Start a new retrospective. Click CUSTOMIZE and select PROCESS.
- Enable the WELCOME stage. Choose a CHECK IN QUESTION and start the meeting when ready.
- The Welcome Step will now display the check in question for participants to answer. You can REVEAL RESULTS when ready and discuss this with the team.
CHECK OUT QUESTIONS
The 4 Check Out Questions are:
- Return on Time Invested - Was the meeting worth your time?
- Pulse Check - How the team feels leaving the meeting?
- Delivery Confidence - How confident are you that the team will deliver on time?
- Retrospective Process - How happy are you with how the retrospectives are run?
Please note that only Return on Time Invested is currently recorded and reported on in INSIGHTS.
To create a Check Out Question:
- Go to the PROCESS tab, then scroll to CLOSE and select your CHECK OUT QUESTION.
- The CLOSE Step will now display the check out question for participants to answer. You can REVEAL RESULTS when ready and discuss this with the team. You can also change the check out question in the CLOSE step.