The retrospective process - VOTE
"Vote on the ideas you'd like to discuss"
Your team can vote for ideas or idea groups that they would most like to discuss further. Each participant starts with a fixed number of dot votes which they can then allocate across the ideas.
As a facilitator:
- Change the number of votes or make it infinite. Depending on the number of ideas, time available, and level of complexity, you can change the number of votes.
- Allow people to vote multiple times per idea or LIMIT ONE VOTE PER IDEA per participant.
- Set votes as UNLIMITED FOR FACILITATOR if you simply want it to record a number via a physical count (e.g. raised hands).
- RESET EVERYONE'S VOTES.
Votes are generally done independently, but you could manage the visibility and timing of when votes are shown to engage the team in different ways.
- SHOW IMMEDIATELY so that votes are shown as they are cast - this can be an effective way of encouraging participants to allocate their votes quickly.
- SHOW IN NEXT STEP if you want to keep voting anonymous and avoid group-think.
- You can keep votes anonymous and DON’T COLOR VOTES (Default) or you can COLOR VOTES BY PARTICIPANT.
A member can also choose to ABSTAIN from voting if they wish to not take part. In doing so, it will be considered as if they had finished voting but also be highlighted in the side bar as a label next to the member
This will be reflected in the meeting summary in the SHARE stage which will show how many people voted. They will not be considered as part of the voting process and hence not reported on
Additionally, participants can now click "I'm Finished" if they do not wish to cast all of their votes. Facilitators can enable "Must cast all votes" under the voting options to change this