You can integrate your TeamRetro team with your GitLab account, and automatically publish action items as GitLab issues. To configure this integration you must be a TeamRetro Team Administrator or an Account Administrator.
Configure in TeamRetro
- Sign in to your TeamRetro account.
- On the TEAM > SETTINGS > INTEGRATIONS screen, click on CONNECT next to GitLab
- You will then have the option to choose between the connection type based on your needs
- Proceed to enter your Access Token (and the Server URL for GitLab Self Managed connection) that you had created on your account and click on the arrow '->'. If you don't have one, then follow the steps under the 'Creating an Access Token' heading below.
- If that succeeds, you'll be prompted to select the project you would like to publish your action items to
- Upon a successful connection, you can test the integration by publishing an action item as a GitLab issue
- Click on SAVE CHANGES and you will see that the connection was successful back on the integrations pages
Testing your integration
Back on your TEAM> HOME screen, click the publish icon and you will see PUBLISH TO GITLAB as an option. You can also publish all action items at once. After selecting, TeamRetro will create a new Issue in GitLab and display the corresponding Issue ID on the card.
Creating an Access Token
- To create an access token in GitLab, click on your icon at the top right followed by 'Preferences'
- Click on the 'Access Tokens' tab on the left navigation bar
- Give your Access Token a name (e.g. TeamRetro or similar) and check the 'api' scope option underneath the "Select scopes" heading
- Click on 'Create personal access token' at the bottom and one will be created for you. Be sure you keep record of it so it isn't lost
GitLab APIs Used
| Retrieve version information for this GitLab instance.
Responds 200 OK for authenticated users.
We use this endpoint to test connectivity.
|Get a list of all visible projects for the authenticated user, for GitLab Project Fields|| /api/v4/projects (GET)
| Get a list of GitLab User query by email address.
This endpoint is used to get users that should be assigned to the issue / published action item
|Create GitLab issue & test integration||/api/v4/projects/[Project ID]/issues (POST)|
|Delete GitLab issue||/api/v4/projects/[Project ID]/issues/[Issue ID] (DELETE)||