You can integrate your TeamRetro team with your Azure Project, to automatically publish team actions items as Azure work items. To configure this integration you must be a TeamRetro team administrator.
Create personal access tokens to authenticate access
- Sign in to your Azure DevOps organization
- Click on your profile picture in the top right hand side, and select SECURITY.
- Select PERSONAL ACCESS TOKENS on the left hand side menu.
- Click + NEW TOKEN
- Configure your token:
- Name your token: eg. TeamRetro
- Select the Azure Organization where you want to use the token
- Set the lifespan for your token: (we recommend setting to Custom Defined and 365 days)
- Select the scopes for this token to authorize for your specific tasks. TeamRetro requires the following scopes:
- Work Items - Read, write, & manage
- User profile - Read
- Project and Team - Read
- Click CREATE
- When you're done, make sure to copy the token. You'll use this token as your password.
- Copy the token (a 48 character string) to your clipboard
Configure in TeamRetro
- On the TEAM > SETTINGS > INTEGRATION screen
- Click CONNECT next to Azure DevOps
- Enter your organization URL (eg. https://dev.azure.com/yourorganization)
- Enter the personal access token you copied in the previous step
- After a short delay, you should be able to select the Project and Azure Work Item Type you'd like TeamRetro to create for each action item (eg. Task).
- Click SAVE CHANGES
Testing Your Integration
Back on your Team > Home screen, click the publish icon and you will see "Publish to Azure DevOps" as an option. After selecting, TeamRetro will create a new Work Item in Azure and display the Work Item ID on the card.