You can integrate your TeamRetro team with your Azure Project, to automatically publish team actions items as Azure work items. To configure this integration you must be a TeamRetro team administrator.
Create personal access tokens to authenticate access
- Sign in to your Azure DevOps organization eg. https://dev.azure.com/yourorganization
Open the user settings next to your profile picture and then select Personal access tokens.
Click + New Token
- Configure your token:
- Name your token: eg. TeamRetro
- Select the Azure Organization where you want to use the token
Set the lifespan for your token: (we recommend setting to Custom Defined and 365 days)
- Select the scopes for this token to authorize for your specific tasks. TeamRetro requires the following scopes:
- Work Items - Read, write, & manage
- User profile - Read
Project and Team - Read
- Click CREATE
- When you're done, make sure to copy the token. You'll use this token as your password.
- Copy the token (a 48 character string) to your clipboard
Configure in TeamRetro
- In the TEAM > SETTINGS > INTEGRATION screen
3.Enter your organization URL (eg. https://dev.azure.com/yourorganization)
- Enter the personal access token you copied in the previous step and click next (-->) button.
After a short delay, you should be able to select the Project and Azure Work Item Type you'd like TeamRetro to create for each action item (eg. Task).
- Click on SAVE CHANGES and, if the connection was successful, you should see CONNECTED next to Azure DevOps on the integrations page.
Testing Your Integration
Back on your Team > Home screen, click the publish icon and you will see "Publish to Azure DevOps" as an option. After selecting, TeamRetro will create a new Work Item in Azure and display the Work Item ID on the card.